Sport-Dream-Academy was set up by former International basketball player Paul Cummins. Paul is passionate about sport because of the good it can bring to any individual at any level. Positive attributes arise from following any athletic dream; attributes that can prepare people for life in general; attributes like self-discipline, the formation of work ethic, understanding leadership, understanding followership, working within a team and striving for something bigger than yourself. Sport can offer life-changing experiences on many levels, and nobody understands this more so than Paul Cummins. At the age of 16 Paul received an athletic scholarship to play and study in the USA. 9 years, 4 scholarships and a professional and international career after that first ground-breaking trip to the USA, Paul set up SDA to do 3 things:
- To develop and sharpen elite skills in talented athletes
- To provide an elite environment for athletes through top coaching and performance programmes
- To put top athletes in the shop window for potential sporting/academic opportunities around the globe.
Please enjoy the site and get in touch if you have any questions
Read more about Paul …
The SDA Mission
SportDreamAcademy is a sports development academy with 3 missions:
- GET SKILLS: Providing ‘Top-Quality Coaching’ on all aspects of the game in order to develop individual and team skills leading to player improvements. Know more about skills here.
- GET PLAYING: Creating an ‘Elite-Level’ performance environment where athletes can be challenged and can compete and develop their skills according to their talent and potential. Know more about playing here.
- GET NOTICED: Exposing talent to athletic opportunities and coaches in their sport both at home and abroad. Know more about getting noticed here.